Friday, December 26, 2008

quick update

I thought I should give you all fair warning that I've decided to do "monthly" posts now unless something worth posting happens. But, this coming year/summer is getting fuller and fuller of activities and events so I will go back to weekly, if not daily, postings. Here's a preview of the up coming events:
  • I'll be a senior this next school year and...
  • dual-enrolling at Valencia
  • Baby Ethan is to be born in February!
  • Spending another couple of months in NC working at Kilwins and (drum roll plz).....
  • then going down to Sanibel for a couple of weeks to volunteer at C.R.O.W.!!!

C.R.O.W. is a wildlife rehab center where they take in every thing from ratsnakes to bobcats. Papa (my dad's dad) said I could come down this summer and volunteer there for a few weeks!! I'm excited not only for this great opportunity that I've been praying for for years but I don't get to spend much time with Papa and Jodi.

God has been blessing me so much lately. They may seem like silly things to some of you (and maybe they are) but I'm grateful for every little thing. I've had a big boost towards getting a camera or piano keyboard (I don't know which I'll get yet) this Christmas, I found that I can fit my dad's rollerblades (I've been wanting a pair for a while) and many other things. I only hope I can turn my blessings to praise.

Merry (post)Christmas

-Phyllis+

17 comments:

B.L.S. said...

NOT FAIR!!! SO NOT FAIR!!!! I'd love to volunteer at a place like that. It would be so awesome!

mattea kiriel said...

Sanibel is my absolutely favorite place on earth!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Beware of the HUGE millipedes and ANGRY snapping turtles (It totally hissed at us! I thought it was going to bite my leg off!!!)


Other than that its a great place.

Anonymous said...

sigh....

I was going to dual enroll.


Ah well. Mebbe I can go up to N.C before you?

-Phyllis+ said...

good luck w/ that. Unless you plan on going up over school.

-Phyllis+ said...

I love millipedes but I'll take heed on the snapping turtles. My toe still hasn't healed from that incident 3 yrs ago.....






jk

Anonymous said...

i'm excited for you about your summer. make the most of these experiances!

i think it's great that you appreciate the "little" things and see God's goodness in seemingly small details.

Anonymous said...

February babies are the best.Take Josiah and I, for example!




This is Bre(you can tell by the perfect english)
;)

-Phyllis+ said...

Well since u've got the english down Bre, why not start working on that grammar? :)

B.L.S. said...

Breanna you are funny. I'M FREEZING TO DEATH LITTERALLY!I'm wearing five jackets and a pair of jeans that are too thin! :(

Anonymous said...

AND I'M WISHING I WAS FREEZING TO DEATH! But then again, hypothermia is a horrible way to go. I'd rather be hit in the head with a golf ball.

The day Tiger Woods forgot to yell fore(or however you spell it in golf lingo)...

B.L.S. said...

Yeah, and i came close to it. (Not really, but it felt like it.) My cousin Spencer was surprised at how much i'd grown since the last time. I'm up to his shoulder, and the same height as Kim...

overthinker said...

um. breanna.

it would be "take josiah and me, for example".
so much for perfect english.

Anonymous said...

and now your latest blessing (that blesses the rest of oyour family)::: your cell phone :)
And yes, it is good to be grateful, even for the little things, because even the little things are from God.

Anonymous said...

My dad got me a cell a few months ago....but no one ever calls me....and I never call anyone else....

hmmmm


Its fun to take pics with though.

B.L.S. said...

Danget! Why did i not notice that??!

B.L.S. said...

Well i do know this: That i would not make that mistake...maybe...