Oh where to begin.......
Last Tuesday GP got his new truck and it's a monster; a Dodge Laramie 4X4 double-cab. You have to use a step to get into it. But he probably won't have it that long since he promised I could drive it before I go home. :) I hope to have a picture of GP with it up soon so you can "ooo" and "ah" over it.
Mum and Mira came up yesterday signaling the beginning of the last week of my Kilwin's summer. I've had a blast up here; dropping ice cream, munching on chocolates (especially that ;), flinging ice cream on customers chests, chasing turkey up and down the mountain and all that good stuff. Oh yes, and I'm especially going to "miss" giving Penny a bath every day cuz she rolled in deer droppings. I've had a marvelous time but home it the swamp calls (and who can resist that?).
The raft is finally finished! Mira and I tested it today and it actually holds us!!!! I was afraid the wood was to heavy but the Kilwin's buckets did their job..... sort of. We put Penny on it first (such a tolerant dog), then Mira, then me and finally Penny and I at the same time. That's when I noticed the bubbles. Water was getting into the buckets and slowly sinking it. So I scrambled onto the bank real fast. GP and I will put some sealant on the buckets tomorrow then it should be ready to push off. (hope to have a picture of that soon too...)
Tuesday I got to paddle fudge for the first time. It was a near disaster. When Lisa handed me the paddle it was already getting close to the edge and my fumbling around didn't help any so she had to take it back. Once it got thicker though I got to use the smaller paddle with Jerry. That wasn't nearly so bad but I got chocolate all over my fingers and Jerry's.
I best call it quits now. It's almost 10 and I've got to work tomorrow. I have lots more to say so I'll try to post again before I go and get those pictures up.
One last thing, since I'm going home I thing a title change would be appropriate but as usual my mind is blank so your suggestions would be appreciated.
-Phyllis+
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your posts are always so interesting Fe. hahaha...no really, they are.
Hmm....a name....how about:
"Home: The Sweetest Place on Earth (even sweeter then a Kilwins candy shop)"
No Mattea. I don't think I like that Idea. What about "Snake Hunters thoughts..." Or no, that's not really good. But if you know felicity really well, snake hunter fits her.
I've loved living vicariously through your records, and especially since I don't have to wash a deer-pooped dog:)
Mike and I can't wait to see you. I'm sure you'll always remember your Kilwin's adventure-I loved mine!
And yes get some pictures up soon!! Can't wait to see that raft!
What's it made out of?
What, the raft? Wood and Kilwin's buckets. Jerry (the manager) wants a picture so he can use it as an advertisement lol.
WELCOME HOME KID!!
i want a photo of the raft. after all, you couldn't have made it without mr wells wood...i guess i'll just have to hop up there and try it out someday, eh?
looking forward to seeing my "little" sister #2 at iGniTe.
i've got the title for you, but i can't say it here. :)
It sounds like you had a lot of fun this summer. I love all the pictures, it'll be good seein' ya at Ignite eh?
YOU REALLY NEED TO UPDATE!!!!
I mean, I guess you've been at Ignite or whatever but now sure would be a good time for a post!
Post a Comment