Alright I've had my fill of demands for a new post.
The week has been pretty cool weather wise but today I think it's going to be in the 80's. So I can quit wearing my jacket to work. I'm actually glad that its warming up since we are going to NOC on Sunday. That water is still freezing even in warm weather. Maybe I'll find a long lost flip-flop eh Damaris? :) Nika comes to see us everyday now, and I think the owners actually like it , they just said to tie her up when we're done. I know GP loves it, he's always telling us about his adventures with her and Penny when we get home. But guess what? Is one five hundred dollar dog enough for them? Nooooooo, they have to get another one so they can get even more! By the way mum, what would you say if I can home with an extra pet? :)
Wednesday we did our usual running around. GP wanted to check out the "smart cars" in Atlanta so we went there first. They are so tiny I could almost wrap my arms around them!!! I know Mike could for sure. :) We went to World Market to where I found this really cute hat. It's similar to something I've wanted for along time not to mention it was the only one left and half off. So of course I got it. We did some other things then ate at Taco Mac (is that what its called?). The food was good but the atmosphere made me a little nervous, thankfully it was empty. Didn't look like a pleasant place be on the weekends.
When we got home I decided I wanted to go fishing (for minnows lol). So I made myself a fishing rod out of a branch, string, a safety pin and saltine crackers. It worked really well to! I caught a bucket full in 15 minutes! I amaze myself sometimes...... JK :)
Work has gotten so hectic being a holiday weekend. I actually went to bed before 9pm last night. But the hectic part isn't the hard part. It's working with 5 or 6 teens who want to chat instead of work. Lisa and Wayne were making fudge or working in the chocolates so the ice cream section was in chaos. The line for the ice cream (can you even call it a line?) was almost out the door and they were even coming behind the counter.
Thursday we got almost $60 in tips but it didn't amount to that much individually since there were so many of us working. Friday was way less even though it was busier (greedy, ungrateful costumers! They better check their food before eating it next time they come in...).
Well, I've become quite a money collector since I've started working at Kilwins. I have 4 gold dollars, 2 of the newest quarters, 3 different Canadian coins (no you can't have them dams), a 2 dollar bill, and the really old print of a 20, 10 and 5. Still waiting to get the $1.
I can't believe I'll only have three weeks left! Time's gone by so fast.... People need to start putting in their orders (for those in reach). Seriously; my family, Wells, Segalinis, Williams..... if you have anything special you want put your order in the comment area. And don't be shy, I've probably already got it in my Kilwin's-droppings collection. :)
One last thing, I want to assure you all that I have not gained any weight. I've actually lost some...... As for Penny, well, lets just say she's in great shape........ and that shape is round! :)
Phyllis
PS (I'm probably going to change my blog name once I get back to Florida, any suggestions?)
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
you're alive!
1. you won't find my flip-flop. it's probably in the ocean.
2. i have a plethera of canadian coinage. i won't covet yours.
3. my order: waffle cone with mint chocolate chip, triple scoop. think you can transport it? ;) {seriously, any rasberry fudge you find lying around i'll take.}
4. you're worried about gaining wieght? oh please. i don't think that's a problem. beks and i ate enough for a regiment and we always came home the same wieght.
5.what do you think about being an aunt? :)
whoa. next time i will write you a letter...
HOORAY!! A post!!!
A new hat? I ADORE hats.
I can't beleive you'll be going home soon! It seems like you just got to NC. Hmmm...I like Dam's ice cream choice, only add some chocolate sprinkles, plz. And some whip cream.
Did you REALLY catch minnows with that make shift pole? You would make a good girl scout. ooo....that reminds me, if you had any, some thin mint girl scout cookies crushed up are REALLY good on top of ice cream. Yum
So you are going to be an Aunt? How many are in your family?
I think I'm going to try to get a job working at our local ice cream shop next year. If I have a drivers license or something that is. So maybe it'd be in 2 years. Hahaha
ANd I think I should have just wrote a letter as well.
Finally, a post! And a long phone conversation, all in the same day. No, you may NOT bring home Nika, besides, I think G.P. would miss her too much.
There are several people here who would love to work at Kilwin's for the summer, so you're somrthing of a celebrity.
And we saw Miss Mirta at the Baer's last week and she was amazed that you are going to be gone so long. You'll have to go see her when you come home.
We miss you so much but know that you're having a good time.
Love ya!
For Dams. 4. Well. I eat as much as lucas and Jacob Larsen put together. I haven't gained any weight. *oops. I forget I run a mile everyday. I also slice through woods. Think you could bring me an ice cream back with you to or mail it to Me???? JK. It would be good though...
We all miss you....
kinda....
your snake at least misses you.....
jk
Your welcome. (for the pic)
BTW, i'm king of commas.
A HUSKIE!!!! BTW I posted. Is the Husky Nika?
Horrible sister here at last! (I'm going to call you today).
I'll just be happy to have you home! (but of course any chocolate would be welcome. and caramel :)
haha, is it wrong of me to say that writing class has something to do with your writing talent? The rest is all you, sista!
We'll take lots of ice cream,at least three flavors...oh wait, that won't last in the heat. Fudge? ooh, your 'niece' wants chocolate bonbons (you know, hazlenut, amaretto, coffee, etc.)
And by the way, if you really have lost weight, you bean pole, I shall make it my duty to put some meat on those bones!
Post a Comment