Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's summer time all-right

I'm starting to feel the effects of work. I'm getting droopy-eyed at 9pm and am stumbling around in the moring until I have my coffee. :) My wrist is still sore but I think it's healing. It's getting much busier since school is out and we are needing more than 2 people to work at a time. I had my first rush all by my self Thursday. It was just Lisa and I and she was caught up in the chocolates so I had to serve about 20 peeps or more on my own. But everybody was so patient and sweet and actually very encouraging.

I made a new friend there who is into hiking and white water rafting (which I've been dying to do). So, if I get parents permission we might go see the sights of Highlands (though I work there I haven't gotten to see anything except Kilwins) then go on a "death defying hike". :)

Oh and guess what?!?!? MY SNAKE HAD 12 EGGS!!! Poor thing, mum said she didn't move for 2 days. But, sadly, since I won't be there to mother them they had to be given away. I'm hoping to go visit them when I get back. Did you know a corn snake can have as many as 50 eggs?!? Big Momma might be big enough to have that many.

Anyways, nobody really cares about that kind of stuff.
I'm hoping to save up enough to buy a camera before I go home. I found one that I really like (I forget the name of it) but I'm going to keep browsing. I wouldn't mind any tips you might have Jake or Bekah. What would be the best place to look for one (Sams is where I found the one I like but I'm sure that's not the best place to get a camera)?

On Wednesday we went to Alpharetta to look at a car for Lisa since hers smokes every time she turns it on. She wants a VW Rabbit diesel, 4 door and blue. It's a 5 cylinder and gets something like 50 miles to the gallon. But they won't be in until September so I won't get to see it.
From there we went to Buford and visited several stores including Borders. I was going to get Blink by Ted Dekker but they were out so I got one of Gail Levine's books instead. I know she doesn't sound like my type but I enjoy her books (she wrote Ella Enchanted).

Well, Lisa and I are off to the Library for a bit then to the factory for a little smackerel. After which GP and I are going to start on the raft (finally!).
Toodles!

-Phyllis+

9 comments:

mattea kiriel said...

Wow, how do give away snakes? I didn't realize they were like kittens.

Walmart is a good place for cameras, (so I suppose Sam's is too). My brother got his really good one from Best Buy......

How'd you hurt your wrist? From scooping ice cream? Oh and this is something I've always wondered this but do you know at what tempature your ice cream freezer is set to? Cuz the ice cream always scoops so well and licks so well when you get if from an ice cream shop.

Anonymous said...

You lead a full life, my dear. Cornelia is doing fine. She should shed soon. I forgot to ask the Pet Bazaar if we could call in to ask how the eggs are doing.
Are you enjoying your freedom? and of course the income isn't bad, I'm sure.
Love ya

sherlock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sherlock said...

Sounds fun. We have to go white water rafting if I come up again before I die.

You make more friends than anyone else I know. That's a good thing.

How's Nika?

I'm quite jealous!

overthinker said...

hey kid! i miss my extra little sister. it was wierd, i was "tall" today in church and niether you nor your sister came by to destroy my illusions. ;)

enjoy the mountains extra much for my sake. give GP, Taunte Lisa. Toby, Remi and Laura all big "hellos" and hugs from me.

-Phyllis+ said...

Mattea: when an ice cream bin gets low the ice cream gets hard thus the near sprained wrist.
Sherlock: why are you going to die? I haven't seen Nika since you all left. She had been hanging around dutches' place (what got that into her head I'll never know) so the woman up there and basically threated to keep her if the onwer did not tie her up.
Breanna: I saw the coolest thing yesterday. There was this wood carving of a tiger but they had used all sorts of different kinds of wood so it was colorful. I would've gotten it for you but it was 40 bucks. :)

Anonymous said...

I meant before I die. Like, ever. Like, in 59 years.


The tiger sounds very Breanna-ish.

So sad about Nika.
The Happening is not a good movie.

-Phyllis+ said...

WHY NOT?!?!? I've been dying to see it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your post brings back memories of my Kilwins' summer. Not that I made a raft, had a snake that had babies, or the like. I'm glad you're having such a good time!